5 Decadent Vegan Pies to Celebrate #PiDay
Today is 3.14 or as it's more popularly known, #PiDay!
To celebrate, I'd like to share 5 delicious and easy to make vegan pies to promote vegan deliciousness and to encourage you to try the vegan alternative to this popular American dessert.
1. 5 Ingredient, No-Bake Vegan French Silk Pie - This decadent vegan dessert contains mounds of pillowy coconut whipped cream, shaved dark chocolate, and silky chocolate mousse. It takes about 25 minutes to make; it'll probably take you the same length of time to convince yourself not to eat the entire thing.
2. Vegan Key Lime Pie with Coconut Crust - Key lime pie is my all time favorite dessert. In my pre-vegan days, I would devour an entire pie. Talk about sugar overload! The sweetener for this deliciousness is maple syrup. Pure maple syrup is high in antioxidants, riboflavin, zinc, magnesium, calcium and potassium. Vitamins and minerals you just can get from table sugar.
3. Vegan Pumpkin Pie (Gluten Free) - Pumpkin pie was never on my favorite pie list because I always thought it was for lack of a better word - yucky! But once I had vegan pumpkin pie, my thought process shifted because I enjoy the creaminess and low sweetness of pumpkin pie. This recipe takes an hour to make and is absolute deliciousness.
4. No Bake Blueberry Custard Pie - The crust for this blueberry pie is made from all natural ingredients, (raw almonds, walnuts, pitted dates and shredded coconut) takes 20 minutes to make plus 1 hour of refrigeration.
5. Vegan Lentil Shepherd's Pie - Okay, this pie is more savory than decadent. Shepherd's pie is another one of those dishes I didn't like or give a chance until I became a vegan. This recipe is so simple to make and would be a great Meatless Monday recipe. I even made it simpler by using Trader Joe's pre-cooked lentils to reduce my prep time. Stick to the recipe or modify to your liking, just give the recipe a chance. I promise you won't be disappointed.